Borders girl living life in the capital

Life Lately #5


I went swimming for the first time in ages as an effort to exercise pre-holiday. I swam my usual one mile, which is 72 lengths of my local pool. I like having a personal target when I exercise, if I plan to swim a mile then I would feel like I've failed if I leave before I've completed it! // My gorgeous new handbag from Zara. I had been on the look out for a navy handbag, and something a bit smaller than my usual Mary Poppins style handbags! This one was only £29.99, it is quite small though but it'll be perfect for my holiday and such a steal at that price. // A lovely Sunday morning spent with my little sister watching Frozen. I'd never seen it before but had heard very good things so I was probably more desperate than her to watch it, although that's understandable since she's been watching it at least once a day for a few weeks now! It definitely didn't disappoint, I loved it!

I had been craving macaroni cheese for ages so I made myself some after work one day last week, and enjoyed it whilst watching some Gossip Girl! A perfect night after a busy day at work; homemade comfort food and Netflix marathons. // After getting the idea from Pinterest, I made a pizza with a naan bread! It's never something I've thought of making before but it was a great, fairly cheap, and very quick dinner. // A typical coffee and cake Instagram shot! I enjoyed this alfresco cappuccino and shared these lovely cakes with my mum on one of the rare lovely sunny days in Edinburgh. It was a nice little French style cafe on Dundas Street that we stumbled upon whilst shopping and I'm sure I'll visit it again soon.

I dug out these old Clarks wedges, that I had actually kind of forgotten that I even owned, for a night out. They were one of the first pair of shoes I bought when I started working in Clarks, which means that I have had them for about three years! // I have a very, very large soft spot for pretty stationary! I could easily spend my entire income in Paperchase and my colleagues at work joke about me owning shares! I decided to revamp my folder at work and picked up some great floral stationary in Sainsburys whilst food shopping. I may have ended up with more stationary in my basket than food, my priorities were possibly slightly wrong that day. // Since working for Clarks I have bought more shoes than I have probably bought in my whole life! However, how can you pass up such lovely shoes, especially with staff discount? My most recent Clarks purchase was these trainers from the kids department, I couldn't resist them! I like the new trainer trend coming from the rise of the New Balance ones and I would love a pair of New Balance but these are my cheaper alternative!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig