Borders girl living life in the capital

Country Roads Take Me Home

Having been on holiday from work all this week, I took the opportunity to spend a few days back home with my mum in The Borders. I always love spending time back home but more often than not it feels like it's cut short when I have to come back to Edinburgh for work. However, this week I had a lovely amount of time at home to; relax, do some shopping and have lunch with my mum, catch-up with my family and enjoy the countryside in the autumn sunshine. 

The story behind my blog name is pretty self explanatory, I grew up in quite a small village and I now live in the city. When I was at home this week, someone asked me how city life was treating me and my answer; "Great, I love it, but I still love spending time here." I can't imagine that I'll ever not enjoy spending time in the tranquility of the countryside, especially when the weather is as lovely as it was at the beginning of the week. I think part of the reason that I love it is that there are so many great memories there and the simplest things bring a strong feeling of nostalgia. 

I have a post in the making about my favourite home comforts, however for just now, here are some photos that I took whilst out for a walk in my home village. I feel very lucky to be able to call two of the prettiest places in the country (obviously my biased opinion!) my home. I may be living a city life just now, but I will forever be a country girl.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig