Borders girl living life in the capital

Midi Skirts


I'm having a bit of a love affair with midi skirts at the moment. I've always loved the style and have pinned all of these pictures on my Pinterest over the past few years. I, however, always thought that the midi length just looked a bit silly on me. Maybe that's because I have fairly short legs or maybe just because the few styles I'd actually tried on recently weren't really the right style for me. However, after seeing a few people styling them really well, including Roisin from Rose Keats at a blogger event a few weeks ago, I'd decided that I'd really like one. I didn't really look around much but I got the perfect full bodied, black one from H&M last week for only £24.99 and I'm so happy with it! I'm glad I found a nice one because I do think the style is quite 'me'! I remember I had a knee-length A-line skirt from H&M in about fourth year at high school, when I'm sure everyone else was wearing something considerably shorter! Back then I was in a phase of making a conscious effort to be extremely 'me' and I do think the style has stuck.


I wore my new skirt to my Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary dinner last week with a cropped burgundy t-shirt and ox-blood patent court shoes (I have no photos unfortunately), and I can see myself easily being able to style it in quite a lot of different ways throughout the autumn and winter months. I think the different midi lengths out there all suit different people and the trick is finding the perfect one for you. The one I bought isn't too long (just below the knee) as I still think the longer ones just swamp my frame a bit. Looking at these pictures, every single one is styled with heels. I do agree that this style of skirt does look a lot better with heels which is unfortunate for me, as I don't really wear heels on a day-to-day basis. I am hoping that I can wear my midi skirt during the day, even to work, with flats but it may end up being more of a special occasion piece.

I also have a very full, long skirt that I picked up at a vintage fair earlier in the year. I actually bought it to use the very bright, checked fabric for some kind of craft project, but have since tried it on and realised that all I need to do is take up the length a bit to make myself a midi skirt. That's one of my projects for my week off work next week so I'll be sure to share a picture once I've done it!

All images can be found here on my Fashion Pinterest board.

1 comment

  1. I'm quite inspired by all of these actually! A midi skirt is never something I thought I'd be able to pull off, but perhaps there's one out there for me!
    Jennifer x
    http://ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig