Borders girl living life in the capital

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

With all the mountains of snow outside the window and no sign of it stopping, it certainly is "beginning to look a lot like Christmas". It would feel a lot more like Christmas if I didn't have so much uni work to do, but not long now until that will all be finished; only a week and 5 hours!! When my exam is over I think I might have to go to Edinburgh maybe the day after. I need lots of Christmas shopping but I am also kind of craving the whole Christmas shopping atmosphere in Edinburgh. Starbucks Christmas coffee's, the Winter Wonderland in the gardens, the German market and the general hustle and bustle of people snapping up presents for loved ones. I think Malik and his friends are coming down from Dundee to go to the Winter Wonderland this weekend but unfortunately I will still be revising...and watching the XFactor final! I am kind of hoping that I will still get the chance to maybe go with Malik nearer Christmas, like we did last year, and go ice skating on the outdoor rink in Princes Street Gardens and get some last minute shopping.
 
I have also been craving watching 'The Miracle on 34th Street'. This is one of my all time favourite films and because it's a Christmas film it kind of means that I don't ruin it by watching it too much as it only really comes out at this time of year. I still feel like it is a bit early to watch it but I think I might do the deed soon, to help me with my revision!! It is the 1994 version of this film that I know and love, It is a remake of a 1947 film but I have never seen that version. If you havn't seen this film then I recommend that you do. Directed by Les Mayfield and starring Richard Attenbourgh as Kris Kringle himself, this film is everything you would want from a family film to all sit around the fire and watch at Christmas. The film also stars Mara Wilson (Matilda and Mrs Doubtfire) as Susan Walker and Elizabeth Perkins as Susan's mother Dorey Walker amongst a whole host of amazing cast members including Dylan McDermott, Jane Leeves (Frasier) and the late Robert Prosky.

The film tells the story of Susan, a little girl who has been told the truth about Santa by her mother at a very young age. However when her mother, events organiser for department store Coles, hires a Santa (Kris Kringle) that belives he is the real thing, Susan and her mother are forced to reconsider their belives. I don't want to give too much away, you should just watch it.

"Coles believe in Santa Claus, do you?"

All these images from www.dvdbeaver.com

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig