Borders girl living life in the capital

Good Thoughts


I mentioned in my last post that I had given myself a bit of a project to be more positive about everything in my life. I am a chronic complainer and worrier and have always been the first to have a moan about something that's not going right, but recently this started to affect my personal life a little bit and so I realised I needed to change something. A few of the circumstances in my life have changed too, which have helped a lot, but I also know that it starts with me and I needed to change my mindset and outlook.

A few weeks ago I started writing a list each night before I went to sleep of ten things from the day that had made me smile or that I was happy or grateful for! This did only last less than a week, which is not much dedication on my part, but I do think it made a difference to my general outlook. My plan when I started was to make a blog post from some of them so here goes. 

Things that I was/am grateful for or happy about:
  • Sunny days in Edinburgh.
  • Getting to know new people at work.
  • Having a to-do list for my day off, knowing it will be both relaxing and productive.
  • Listening to 'Saturday Night' by Whigfield and remembering my friends and I doing the dance routine in The Shack (the night I met Tim)!
  • Feeling very grateful to live in such a lovely part of the city, somewhere I'd always dreamt of living.
  • Feeling inspired to start the proper training for becoming a Brownie leader.
  • Starting the day with cuddles.
  • Making French toast with syrup, bananas and blueberries for breakfast.
  • Chatting to my Grandpa about the football and rugby.
  • Feeling like I'm learning something new.
  • Spending my day off in a coffee shop, writing blog posts...like old times!
  • The fact that I can sleep until 11am on my days off.
  • Enjoying my own company.
  • Discovering Oban Live. If only I could get a weekend off...KT Tunstall, Julie Fowlis and Capercaillie all playing on the same day!
  • A friend reminding me to "Keep climbing the ladder."
  • Pancakes!
  • Watching (and laughing at) Tattoo Fixers with Tim.
  • Finding new music.
  • Realising not everyone knows what their doing with their life.

"Don't worry, worrying wont pay the bills."

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig